As a seasoned nanny I believe that it is important for me to give back to an industry that has been so instrumental in my professional life. This is why Nanny Transitions makes an effort to support opportunities for nannies to broaden their professional horizons.
Through scholarships, donations and sponsorships for National Nanny Training Day, Nannypalooza and INA, it is my goal to offer nannies the chance to participate in these events.
Here are the guidelines for the Nanny Transitions INA Conference Scholarship.
NANNY TRANSITIONS INA CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIP
In order to qualify for the Nanny Transitions INA Conference Scholarship, you must meet the following qualifications.
· You must be currently working as a nanny at least 24 hours a week.
· You must be a member of INA as of February 16, 2013.
By submitting this essay you are committing to attend the 2013 INA Annual Conference.
INA Board of Directors, conference speakers and workshop presenters, conference sponsors who receive complimentary registration, the 2012 and 2013 INA Nanny of the Year award recipients are not eligible for this prize.
Submit an essay on one of the following three topics:
1. My Advice to a New Nanny
2. What My Experience as a Professional Nanny Has Taught Me About Life
3. How My Professional Nanny Connections Helped Me Through a Difficult Time in My Career
· Your essay must be between 300-500 words.
· Do not include information in your essay that would identify you, such as the name of your city. We would like to keep the submissions as anonymous as possible.
· Essay must be submitted between Friday February 1 and Saturday February 16, 2013 11:59pm EST.
· Use spell check and count your words. Recipient will be chosen by content and presentation of essay.
· Award recipient will be notified via phone and email on Monday, February 18, 2013.
Essay submissions should be sent to: Nannytransitions@gmail.com
The INA Annual Conference is April 12-15. The conference format is different this year. The specialty workshops start on Friday afternoon and the welcome reception is Friday evening. Please view the conference agenda.
By submitting this essay you are committing to attending the 2013 INA Conference.
You understand that you are responsible for your transportation to and from the conference, your hotel room and any other expenses incurred at the 2013 INA Conference.
You have discussed this with your employers and they have agreed to give you the time off to attend the conference.
This scholarship is sponsored by Nanny Transitions and funded by Glenda Propst.